Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Home Again

We spent that last 5 days in Bozeman, Montana for Ron's family reunion. It was an okay time, but nothing earth shattering. Started out kind of rough. Got there and it was 97 degrees outside, which is nothing to us, except his Mom's house doesn't have air conditioning! That had to be one of the most miserable nights I've tried to sleep in a long time. It's a good thing it cooled off the next day or I would have packed up my stuff for a hotel!

There was the typical family drama that any family has when you get 50 plus people together in the same spot. Lots of snarky comments about the ones that didn't come and didn't have a decent excuse. One cousin that always causes drama and nobody talks to anymore did show up for a while and caused her usual drama in the short time she was there. Misbehaved children getting on everyones nerves, that sort of thing. But there was some fun too. I always love spending time out at the family farm as it's so beautiful there. Spent lots of time under huge oak trees in the grass of the front yard listening to the birds sing and the cows moooooooooooo. They tried to get everyone to do some square dancing on Saturday night and I think it was more fun to watch everyone try to get out of it! There were a few brave souls that tried to dance and that was pretty entertaining too.

Best part of the whole weekend? Seeing Aaron of course. Brenna and I flew up on Thursday and Ron and Aaron drove up from Boise the same day and picked us up from the airport. Love spending time with my family together. We do get on each other's nerves every so often but nothing that doesn't blow over quickly. It was kind of hard this weekend because we never had time alone to unwind. Ron's mom always seemed to be hovering and that got on everyone's nerves eventually. She means well, and I know she just wants to spend time with us, but we do need our space. Kind of makes my argument to stay in a hotel more valid.

Monday we all went antiquing around the area and had lots of fun. It's nice to be able to buy stuff since Ron was driving and could haul it all home. It was a cool day out and rained off and on, which I loved. Probably the last time I will actually feel cold until November or so!

Ron and Aaron dropped us girls off at the airport yesterday morning. We flew home and they drove back to Boise. Ron will head home on Saturday when Aaron has to go back to work. I'm trying to catch up on my work stuff after being gone for a few days and trying to get life back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love family? I totally understand the hotel issues. No air conditioning? I wouldn't have made it an hour before bailing. haha! The farm sounded lovely. Glad you got to spend time with both your kids! I'm sure they soaked up the time with their momma!!

    ReplyDelete