Saturday, August 7, 2010

He totally surprised me!

Anybody that knows me knows that I am not big on surprises. Half the fun for me is to figure them out! I was always the kid that went hunting for Christmas presents and usually knew what Santa was going to be bringing me well before it actually arrived. Even as an adult, I am like that. So, my family always has a hard time pulling one over on me because I usually figure it out.

Well, Ron finally did it. He got me. It doesn't happen very often, but when he does, he is just as pleased as punch to have pulled one over on me. About 10 days ago he told me he had ordered something on line for me and it would be a surprise. Naturally, that threw me into overdrive trying to figure it out. The only clue he would give me was that we would have a standing date once a month for the next 7 months. I immediately thought football tickets, but the timing didn't work on that. My next thought was he ordered popcorn from Garret's in Chicago, but that didn't really ring true either. Let me tell you, I have really been wracking my brain and just couldn't think of anything that he would have to order on line!

Until I got the mail yesterday. There is was, plain as day and I couldn't believe that I hadn't thought of it. Ron ordered season tickets to Gammage, which is where all the Broadway shows that come to town are staged at! I should have known too since he enjoyed our show we went to in NYC so much. You have no idea how giddy I was and still am with excitement! I know these weren't cheap, so it's a splurge for us and it means so much to me that Ron thought of it. And one of the best parts? They are really good seats too!



There will be 7 shows for the season. Our first one is in September and will be Young Frankenstein. Never seen it, so should be fun!




December it will be Hair. Can't say I've ever had a burning desire to see this but I know it's always gotten good reviews, so it might be interesting.




January will be Shrek the Musical. I love the Shrek movies, so why not a musical? I just hope the Donkey is as funny as Eddie Murphy always is in the movies




In February it's 9 to 5: The Musical. The movie with Dolly Parton came out when I was in middle school or something and it was a huge hit, so I think I should like this one




In March we will see Fiddler on the Roof. This might hit an emotional spot with Ron as our own daughter is telling us she has met the man she wants to marry.




First week in May we will see Billy Elliot. All I know about this show is that Elton John is part of the developers, so will need to read up on it.




And finally we will end up with one of my favorties, Mama Mia! I could see this one over and over and I know this is one of Ron's favorites too.



Aren't I a lucky girl who is married to the most wonderful guy in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment