Had a nice time up at Aaron's in Prescott. Didn't really do too much, but that was fine by me. I honestly spent almost the entire day yesterday outside just enjoying the nice weather, mostly sitting on Aaron's patio playing with the computer and reading the Big Brother posts.
When we left town on Saturday afternoon, it really wasn't too hot. The car temp looked like this:
Less than 2 hours later it looked like this:
I have to say it had been raining most of the day up there, so it was a bit cooler than it really should have been, but it felt soooooo good! That's one of the things I love about Arizona. You can be in cooler weather so quickly if you make the effort.
Saturday we got up, went to breakfast and then hit up the swap meet for a little entertainment. Then it was over to Home Depot to get Aaron a retractable screen door for his front door. Ron and I stayed home to put that up while Aaron took Brenna and Bryant over to the tower for a tour. Later we played some cards and then decided it was time for our bar-b-q picnic, aka food orgy.
The boys getting set up:
We brought down snacks to start us off while Aaron was in charge of the grill. He had gotten these amazing steaks and had marinated them for 2 days. They were so tender and juicy with such great flavor!
The lovebirds, Brenna and Bryant. This was Aaron's first time to meet Bry and they got along great. The two guys are so much alike, I would have been surprised if they didn't hit it off. Bry seemed to fit in well with the family and hopefully we didn't scare him off!
Wish I had taken more pics, but there just wasn't anything exciting to take pictures of! All in all we had a nice weekend and it was great to get out of the heat. Just 9 more weeks, 9 more weeks, 9 more week. I've gotta keep telling myself that!

No comments:
Post a Comment