Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Turkey Day Eve!

Busy, busy, BUSY! That about sums up my day and to be honest, the last few weeks. But today, I've been focusing on all the cooking in preparation for tomorrow. I always try to do as much as possible early so I can enjoy the actual holiday more.

Brenna has been in charge of the pies and she has gotten the pumpkin done. Still needs to do the pecan but we ran out of Karo syrup and I had to do a run to the store for more. She is in taking a nap, so I am sure she will finish up later tonight. She is making pie tarts this year, ala pinterest, of course. Love the bite sized pies so much better!

I've been working on the stuffing, made cheese dip, deviled eggs veggie trays and mashed potatoes. I've got this awesome reciepe for mashed potatoes that you can make ahead of time. Has lots of cream cheese and sour cream added and they are to die for. Plus a huge time savor the day of. Pretty much all I will have to do tomorrow is put the bird in the oven and do my corn cassarole. Easy peasy. Brenna has set the table, and it's just beautiful, so I think we are good to go.

We aren't having a huge group, only 8. But all 8 are people I care about and enjoy being around. Such a relief that I don't have to deal with my older brother and his family on the holidays! Best part is that Aaron should be landing any minute now. Love having my baby boy home for a few days!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with people you all love!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful to have 8 of your loved ones around. I hope it was a great holiday and that you're enjoying your trip!!

    ReplyDelete