Sunday, October 7, 2012

Boys Afternoon and Girls Night

Saturday ended up being such a nice relaxing day! Haven't had one of those in a while, and it was much needed.

Ron had plans to go to the Home Brewers Beer Festival at Kawiana's Park with a friend. They go every year and come home drunker than a skunk. It's not something I would enjoy, so it's not something I tag along with. It was arranged that they would pick Ron up and I would take everyone home, so I had the afternoon to myself. I got there about 4:45 as it ended at 5pm and gave Ron a call that I was in the parking lot. He said they would be up in just a minute. When they got into the car all I smelled was beer and hot bodies. Ewwwww. Not a pleasant smell, let me tell you. I was convinced I was going to be pulled over for drunk driving just by the fumes that were coming off these two guys! They were in fine spirits, needless to say.

Once I got Ron home, I got him into the shower and then quickly into bed. Set him up with a huge glass of water and the remote and I am sure he was asleep no later than 6pm. I decided I didn't want to sit around by myself all evening, since Brenna was working, so made plans with a friend to meet for dinner and a movie.

Amy and I met at Kona Grill and both had the Thai Beef Noodle Salad. Oh my, was that good! A tad spicey, but I like spicey so it was fantastic. Then we went and saw Pitch Perfect. OMG what a funny movie! We both really enjoyed and just laughed the entire way thru the movie. It was 10pm by the time I got home and it didn't look like Ron had moved since I left.

Luckily, Ron had made arrangements to go into work late this morning, so he was able to sleep the drunk off. I had a text from him about 9am and he said he was feeling pretty good.

All in all, a fun day for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment