Lately I just don't know if I am coming or going any more. Crazy busy, but it's a good thing!
A week ago, Brenna and I went up to Prescott to pack up Aaron's apartment for his big move. We left a little early so we could hit the swap meet first and then grab some lunch. We got to his house about 12:30 and just went right to work. By 5:30 we had almost everything done! Aaron took us out for a really nice dinner, we droped a load off at Goodwill and then made a Walmart run for a few things. We came back and finished up the last few boxes and then settled in for some TV before heading to bed. I had to tell my little boy goodbye that night since he had to be at work at 5:30am, and that was kind of hard, to say the least.
Monday morning we got up and got the laundry going from our sheets and towels we used. Headed out to breakfast, came back and put the next load in and went to Kohl's to snoop around for a while. Got Aaron some new bedspreads and sheets for his guest room, so came back and packed another couple of boxes before we left. I had a nice parting gift from Prescott in the form of a radar camera flash that I am sure to get in the mail in the next week or so. Don't think I will have a need to go back to Prescott for a long, long time!
Tuesday the movers showed up and loaded Aaron's stuff. He camped out the rest of the week and left after work on Friday. They had a nice going away party for him and let him off work early, so he was on the road by 2pm. He only drove to Las Vegas that first day and then spent a night out on the town on the strip. He had a good time even if he was just by himself.
Saturday he hit the road and called me every few hours, whenever he got cell service. I could always tell how bored he was when he called! It was a long drive and took him almost 12 hours but he made it into Boise safely. This morning the moving van showed up and he was all unloaded by 10am. He was shocked at how empty his house looks! I had to laugh. I was joking with him about how big his garage is and how it still must look empty in there with just his little Mini Cooper parked in there.
Aaron is just so dang happy, it's so nice to hear. I think that is what is making it easier on me. Ron, on the other hand, it having a really hard time with this move. He has been really sad all week, so I guess it's a good thing we already have our plane tickets to go up and visit Aaron in September. I think once he sees Aaron in his house, it will be easier on Ron.
Ron got to go to Denver on Tuesday thru Thursday. He was on an interview team for Intel. They had to conduct 60 interviews from a technical school and asked him to be part of the team. They ended up making 22 offers, but he had some interesting stories to tell from the trip! They have now asked him to go to Detroit the end of the month for the same thing, so he has another trip planned. I could go with him but Detriot wouldn't really be a place I want to visit.
My car has been in the shop all week too. The air conditioner went out going up and coming home from Prescott again. It's really wierd how it does it, but it's something to do with high speeds for extended length of time. The dealership can't figure it out though, so they've had it for 5 days now. They gave me a car to drive, so that helps, but I really want my own car back. They need to figure it out though. Brenna and I go to San Diego in 2 weeks and if it happens again while driving across the desert I am not going to be happy, let me tell you!
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment