Sunday, August 21, 2011

It was a BIG ONE!

Yesterday was Ron's 50th Birthday. This was a day he had been dreading for at least two years. I tried and tried and tried to get him to agree to a birthday party or even just a small dinner party but he wouldn't have it. Just wanted to be left alone so he could sulk, I guess.

But if you knew me, I couldn't let it totally go without SOMETHING! I contacted some of my trusty Intel friends that work with Ron and they not only decorated his cube at work but planned a cake and the whole nine yards. Unfortunately, they had a crisis during the shift and the cake totally got forgotten about. That was kind of disappointing.

I arranged to have the yard decorated though. There is a place here called Flamingo's by Night where they come and "flock" your house. They have all sorts of things and I've used them before. It's pretty funny. I had big 50's put all over, so I think the neighborhood had a pretty good idea of what was going on at our house. They arrived about 2am so they were up when he got home from work. I kept waiting for him to wake me up, but he didn't.


Actually, he wasn't very happy. Like I said, he just wanted to sulk yesterday and he did a lot of that. We did go out for a really nice dinner at The Keg. Ron and Brenna did a shot of Red Headed Sluts and after a few beers he was much happier. We had a yummy carrot cake too but I only put on 1 candle, not the 50 I was planning!

I do realize that paybacks can be a bitch, but I have 4 years before I have to worry about it!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love it that you forced him to acknowledge that he's Fifty and Fabulous!!! Happy Birthday to Ron!

    ReplyDelete