Wednesday, March 30, 2011

If I Were a Rich Man . . . .



Last night Ron and I went and saw Fiddler on the Roof. What an amazing show! I've seen the movie years and years ago but really enjoyed the actual play. John Preece played Tevye, the father, and he just made the entire show. Beautiful voice and so funny too! Nancy Evans played Golde, the mother, and while she was very good in her part, I did think her singing voice was a bit weak, so that was kind of disappointing. I had forgotten so many of the songs so it was really nice to hear them again. I really do love good music.

Before the show we went back to Monte's for dinner as they were having another guest chef. Beau MacMillian from Elements at the Sanctuary on Camelback Resort was the chef and I have to say it was one of the best meals in my life. We both had a bacon wrapped filet that had this sauce over it that was to die for. It came with a Mushroom hash that I skipped but Ron enjoyed it a lot. It was a tad pricey but so good I think we might have to search out this chef again for special occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment