Monday, March 28, 2011

Gonna Wash that Man Right out of my Hair

Saturday was the day Brenna had decided she wasn't going to be sad any more. She allowed herself a couple of days to grieve the end of the relationship and wanted to be ready to turn over a new leaf. We decided some retail therapy was necessary, so up to Scottsdale we went!

We got our self dressed up all cute and hit the mall. We walked one end to the other, which isn't something we do a lot. Usually just hit up our favorite stores and are in and out. Brenna had brought along a few of the gifts Bry had given her with the intention of exchanging them and I honestly thought since she didn't have any receipts they wouldn't take them back. Was I ever wrong! Guess let her exchange the watch he gave her for Christmas for something totally different and with the price difference she got a wallet too. One of the jewelry stores paid her for the necklace he gave her and she bought a beautiful diamond circle necklace to wear instead. It was amazing to watch her cheer up throughout the day.

We also met the girls for dinner and a movie that night since it was Ron's Saturday night to work. We saw No Strings Attached with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman at the dollar theater and it was really cute. All in all a great day.

Sunday we got up early and went to the swap meet out in Mesa. It's always fun to walk around out there. Got some pool books for summer and a couple of things for my Mom. We then met her for lunch and then came home. Brenna went out and laid in the sun while I got the laundry started and then worked on the pool tile and did some weeding in the flower beds. It was just a beautiful day so we spent as much as we could of it outside.

Have to say I really enjoyed my weekend with my daughter. I know she is still going to be sad for a while but I think she has made the right decision to move on with her life and I know she is going to be fine.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad she's starting to feel better. It sounds like a weekend with her mama was just what she needed to start pulling her out of her sadness! :)

    ReplyDelete