Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Moving my Mom

I don't think there is any way to describe how physically and mentally exhausted I am right now. It took 3 truck loads in a 26 foot truck, the largest UHaul has to offer, to get my Mom moved. 2 of the loads were "tetris" style with not an inch of space left in the truck. All I can say is how thankful I am for the movers we managed to hired on Saturday night when our original movers finked out on us.



This is her new kitchen. Notice that there are no counter tops or appliances because they were still installing the floors and the cabinets. Counters go in on Friday.



These next to pics are of the garage minus the last load. Now there is no space whatsoever left in there. I don't know where she is going to put it all.









Naturally my psycho brother and his family never showed up to help at all. Big surprise.

Add on top of this that Brenna had to have surgery on her hand yesterday morning too. Had to have her there at 6am, so had to be up at 4:30 since it was downtown. They were removing a "trauma tumor" from her thumb area and ended up having to go into the bone. We are still waiting for pathology results.

At this point I wish I still drank because I could us a stiff one!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, things have been CRAZY for you, Pam! It must be such a relief to finally have your mom moved, though...even though there is still lots of unpacking to do. The house looks beautiful, so I'm sure when she's settled it's going to be great!

    Thinking good thoughts for Brenna today. I hope you have a chance to relax a little bit soon!

    ReplyDelete