Gosh, I've been so busy I can't believe I haven't posted about the last few days. I have some pics to share but I turned on my computer this morning and it promptly crashed. Ron has been working on it for a few hours and has basically had to wipe everything out and start over. Stupid spy ware.
So, our fun started on Monday when Ashley came down from Prescott. We went shopping all day long and quickly schooled her to our way of shopping. I don't think she knew what she was getting in to when she asked Brenna and I to take her shopping! Bought more for ourself than any Christmas presents since that was already done, but had a lot of fun and a yummy lunch at Nordie's cafe too. When we got home the girls quickly went to town on making more Christmas cookies since we had eaten all of ours. It was fun listening to the giggle and talk.
Tuesday we did just a little more shopping and then took Brenna to her doc appointment. You saw the result of that in the last post. When we got home Aaron was here. He got off work early and surprised us by getting here about 3 hours earlier than planned. We all went to Teakwood's, our favorite bar food, for dinner and then came home and watched some movies.
Wednesday was our Christmas day with Aaron and Ashley. We opened some of our gifts earlier in the afternoon and I think everyone was happy with what they got. I made a big traditional dinner of ham, prime rib, potato casserole, frozen pink salad, green bean casserole, rolls and lots of appetizers beforehand. Bry and his parents, Jan and Paul, plus my Mom joined us for dinner too. It was the first time we met his parents and we liked them a lot. It's too bad they live on the complete other side of town from us as I could see us getting together more often. We've agreed we would meet somewhere in the middle next time so the drive isn't too horrible for either of us.
Thursday was kind of a recovery day for me since I had been doing some non stop cooking all week. I did have to go show a couple of houses and ended up writing an offer but came home and took a 2 hour nap. While I was napping Ron and Brenna made some homemade cinnamon rolls. It was his Mom's recipe and he wanted Brenna to make him but with her hand, she can't do much, so he took over. That might be the first and last time as he got a good dose of how much work they are!
Friday, Christmas Eve was part two of our Christmas. Bry came over in the afternoon and we opened more gifts with him and Brenna. He got her some nice things but no sparkly ring I know she was hoping for. At least not yet! Mom came over for dinner which wasn't a typical holiday meal this time. Mostly lots of finger foods but mostly everyone's favorites too. I didn't hear any complaints! Bry and Brenna went and looked at some Christmas lights and then we all sat and played cards for a while. We wrapped up the evening with watching Christmas Vacation, always a classic.
This morning I got up early and made a huge breakfast of bacon and eggs. We had another pan of Ron's cinnamon rolls too. Bry and Brenna took off to spend the day with his family so it's just Ron and I now. We are skipping the whole thing at my brother's house, but I'm sure you aren't surprised to read that! Have to say it's been so much less stressful without dealing with them. I do feel sorry for my Mom though. When I talked to her this morning she was not looking forward to going over there at all. Said she just wasn't up to dealing with all the craziness and wasn't planning on staying very long.
So now Ron is outside installing the Sirius radio I got for him in his car. I've got laundry going and am watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. We might go see a movie later on or we might not. Right now I am not too motivated to do much of anything and am very content sitting here doing nothing more than surf the web. It's a beautiful day outside, supposed to be 75, so maybe I'll actually move myself out to enjoy the sunshine too.
I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas with your families and that Santa brought you everything on your list!
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It sounds like you had a great Christmas. Merry Christmas to you, Pam!
ReplyDeleteWhat a busy, fun week! Good for you skipping your brother's for Christmas. I hope that it was okay for your mom. He has no idea how lucky he is that she's still go over to celebrate a holiday with him after such behavior.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good Christmas!!