Thursday, December 9, 2010

Can I be an only child?

This week has been so stressful and it's just going to get worse. For the last 3 days Brenna and I have spent about 5 hours each day helping my mom get her house packed. Today we closed on her house and Sunday is the big move. Exciting stuff until my brother's have to get involved.

My older brother, Scott, is a major hot head. Can't control his temper and looses it over the most stupid stuff. Today he has caused me some real trouble. It all started over him doing the floor of the garage at the new house. It was a nice thing to do except that he did it LAST week before we even closed on the house! The owner didn't know he had done it and accidently drove on it Sunday. Since the floor has to sit for at least a week, she left tire prints on the floor. Honest mistake. She had no clue and HE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO DO IT UNTIL THIS WEEK when the house actually belonged to my mom!

Scott got so flipping mad he is out for blood. But there really isn't anything he can do so he decides to take the Realtor's sign post and "hold it ransom". He doesn't care that I will have to pay for that sign post. He doesn't care that I am already giving my entire commission to my mom to help her with expenses. Somehow in his warped brain this has become my fault. Not sure how that works, but that's what he has decided. You should see the nasty texts he has sent me all day.

I tried to get my Mom to talk to him and he just hung up on her. Now I have to deal with her crying and being upset on top of everything else. Then my younger brother enters the picture. He just feeds into Scott's anger and makes the whole situation worse.

I'm honestly ready to just wash my hands of the entire thing but it would totally leave my mom stranded. Neither of my brothers will be helping her with the move, so it's just up to me. Right now I don't care if I ever talk to either one of them again.

3 comments:

  1. What a terrible situation, Pam! I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Sounds like someone needs to grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Your brother is acting so childish! I'm so sorry that you (and your mom) have to deal with this. Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete