Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Year? Time for the Crud!

Seems like I always get the crud the first of the year and this year isn't any different. After 4 days of feeling awful I went to the Minute Clinic since my own doc couldn't get me in. Sinus and Ear infections. Lovely. Been almost a week now and I'm finally starting to feel better.

I'm sure I would have perked up quicker if I could have stayed home and rested, but that wasn't meant to be. Had relo buyers coming in from Bloomington, IL. I did get somewhat lucky. Because of the "Polar Vortex" their flights were cancelled two times. They were supposed to arrive on Sunday but didn't make it in until Thursday. That gave us 3 days to find a house. But because I am such an AWESOME Realtor, no problem! They left town Monday very happy with what they have purchased. They will arrive a month from today and get to move right in.

One thing I did confirm while they were here, is that there is a reason you have kids when you were young! They have a two year old, Owen, and a 3 month old, Erin, that were also along for the house hunting trip. What this ended up meaning was I would let them into the house and then chase after Owen while they looked. Oh my goodness! I had forgotten what it was like to chase after a 2 year old. And to think my kids were spaced the same age as these two were. How did I ever do it? I can tell you I came home every day just ready for a strong drink and needing my bed.

On Sunday I had a brief chance to see long time clients/friends who were in town for a visit. We just met at a restaurant off the freeway for about 30 minutes as they were on their way south to visit family, but it was a good visit. It was also a chance to tell her goodbye as she has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and given 4-6 months. This visit was her farewell visit. It was kind of hard, but at least I got to let her know how much I valued our friendship over the years. I love it when it starts out as business but we end up close friends. I just don't like loosing another friend to cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment