Monday, February 3, 2014

What Game?

January has come to an end and we are already 3 days into February. Super Bowl was yesterday and it was an extreme disappointment to me. Game was horrible and even the commercials weren't that great in my opinion. Can't stand Pete Carroll and the SeaChickens, but they just rolled right over the Broncos. Not a huge fan of them either, but Peyton Manning is a stand up guy, so was hoping he would get another ring. Oh well.

Ron went back to work today after being off for the last two, almost 3 weeks. He had to have surgery of a very delicate nature, and was home a week longer than expected. I keep thinking he will be walking in the door any time now, not quite ready to make it thru a full work day. Hope he doesn't push himself too much, but he has been healing well, so that's encouraging.

Still searching for a dress for Aaron and Sarah's wedding. Think I found one I like but Sarah would like me to order it in a color and I'm not too thrilled with the color choices available. Would rather have it in black. However, I want Sarah to be happy, so will just suck it up. Sarah found out last week that her Mom was diagnosed with Gastric Lymphoma. Scary stuff. They don't have too much information yet but will be going to the next doc appointment with her on Wednesday and hope to have some answers as to treatment. Needless to say, Sarah is really upset and I'm and worried for her as this is the second round of cancer for her Mom. Please keep her in your prayers.

Other than the wedding, I am focusing on our cruise we leave on at the end of the month. Aaron and Sarah will be going with us this year and I've decided the cruise week will also be kind of a bachelor/bachelorette party for them. I've done some shopping of fun little "gifts" that should be entertaining. I want to make them bride and groom hats too, so need to get on that soon. Just wish Adam and Brenna were going with us too. He has a big audit at work due that week so it's a no go for them this year. Maybe next year, fingers crossed.

My other project is to keep making dinner dishes that I can share with my Mom. I found out she hasn't been eating too well in an effort to save some money. It's been really rough on her being on such a tight budget. So, I've taken to making a little extra and giving it to her. That way I know she can at least have something to eat if she wants it. She and I go out to lunch at least once a week and I make sure she orders enough to take home too. She has had a hard time accepting all of this, but I just remind her how much she and my Dad helped us when we were so poor and struggling. Now if only I could get my brothers to help her more too, but I won't be holding my breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment