Monday, October 14, 2013

Hello There!

Gosh, it's been a while again, huh? Well, I've survived another horribly hot summer and finally cooler weather is settling in. I'm having my best year in business yet, which is really nice, but I honestly don't want to work this hard! So, let's bring you all up to date.

Aaron finally popped the question to Sarah and they have set May 5th as their wedding date. It's a Monday and also Cinco de Mayo, but I don't think that is such a big thing in Boise like it is here. It's going to be a very simple and small wedding, which is just what they want, so I'm good with it. Aaron and Sarah have recently adopted a new shi-poo puppy, Lily, who is just 8 weeks old. They are learning what it's like to be parents to a baby! Aaron asked me this weekend when she would sleep thru the night. I'm still laughing. Especially since they have told us they want to start trying for a baby right after the wedding! Aaron is once again affected by the government shut down. He only got half of his normal paycheck last week and if this mess isn't settled soon, he won't get any pay the next time around.

Can I just say I hate the government? And they should all be fired? Okay, moving on . . .

Wedding plans for Brenna and Adam are at full steam. We were in Bozeman 2 weeks ago for a family bridal shower, which was fun. My mother in law held it since very few on that side will actually make the trip for the wedding. Oct 26th there is another bridal shower here for Brenna, so that will be fun too. Invitations have been sent, menu has been settled, cake tasting happened and she has her first dress alterations appointment a week from today. Got my dress from China and it's FABULOUS! I am sure I will order my next dress for Aaron's wedding there too. Bachelorette party is schedule for the weekend of Nov 23rd and Sarah is flying down for that, so it will be extra fun for the girls.

Adam has also been affected by the shut down. He is just working for free. Don't get me started! Brenna has been trying to work extra shifts to make up some of the lost pay even though he will eventually get paid. She has also decided to get her real estate license and help me out on her off days from the hospital. 3rd generation Realtor! My dad would be so excited. She has been in school last week and again this week taking a crash course. It's fun when she comes home and does her study guide. She asks me questions and I can actually answer them. That didn't happen when she was in nursing school, LOL.

We did manage to get out of the heat a few times this summer, so that helped. Went north for the 4th of July and had fun on our "camping" trip. The end of July we went to San Diego and just sat on our deck watching the surfers for 4 days. We never even moved the car, just walked everywhere. It was pure heaven. Brenna and I did our annual Mother/Daughter San Diego trip too the middle of August and then of course we went to Bozeman in September. Ron actually drove to Boise first and spent a few days with Aaron and Sarah before moving on to Bozeman. He brought home a 1950 something John Deere tractor that had been on the family farm, which has now been sold. He plans to restore it but after that, not sure what he plans to do. Cause you know, we really need a tractor living in the middle of the city!

Mostly we are just focusing on the wedding now. Less than 2 months to go! And I know it's going to go by so fast. I'm trying to get all my client Christmas stuff done now. We even skipped decorating the house for Halloween and will just move straight to Christmas decorations in mid December. I told Ron I wanted the outside done to the extreme this year, so he has been ordering extra lights and such. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with. I just got all my flowerbeds planted for fall and they look very nice. Should be good and filled in by December when everyone shows up.

So, that is my update for now. I might not be writing much, but I do read everyone at least once a week.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! TWO weddings! How exciting for your family! I really hope that you post an update how things went and a couple of pictures! Especially of your dress!!
    Best wishes to everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete