Yes, I am still alive. Just so, so busy! Which is a good thing, but I am ready for a break. Thought I would get it this weekend, but just had a call from a past client who is moving back and will be here for the weekend. So, guess I will be showing houses on the hotest weekend of the year. Temps predicted to be 117. Don't even get me started!
Aaron came home for a week visit the end of May, first of June. He brought Sarah, his girlfriend, and we just had a blast! She said she loved to shop, but Brenna and I took her to a whole new level of shopping! I think we might have over done it, but she said she had fun. We went to the movies, we spent an evening at the Shout House, a piano bar, we had cousins from Montana over for a pool party and bar b q, the guys went shooting, it was just a fun, fun week and over much to quickly. I miss my little boy!
The night after they left, Ron and I were in the pool just cooling off and catching up on our day. He then informed me one day while I thought they went shooting, they actually went up to see our family jewler. Aaron has a ring in his pocket and has asked Sarah's dad permission to marry her! OMG I am so excited! He still hasn't popped the question though. He is trying to arrange a big surprise while doing it, so we are all waiting on pins and needles. I think it's going to happen pretty soon though. Sarah fits into our family just perfectly, so we are very happy.
Wedding plans with Brenna are moving along. We have the invitations ordered and they are going to be beautiful! We are now getting more involved with the venue and setting up appointments for the florist and taste testing. I've ordered another dress and hoping it turns out okay. I ordered it on line from China, so I am a bit nervous. It looks really pretty on line and has gotten good reviews, so we will see. Been shopping for other dresses and they are just so expensive! Most of the bridal stores start at about $500 for a mother's dress and I refuse to pay that. If all else fails, I still have the one I got New Years Day and it would be fine.
Had a hair-brained idea on Sunday that I wanted to get out of town for the 4th of July. I just really need a break from the heat. So we are going camping. Or at least my version on camping. The closest I will get to camping, let's say! Rented a 1 room cabin up on the Rim at Christopher Creek Lodge. We are going to take the dogs with us too. Just for 2 nights, but at least it will be a break. Should be intersting one way or another!
Went this week for my 6 month follow up with the breast surgeon. Had another mammo and ultra sound 2 weeks prior and they told me everything still looked good. The surgeon confirmed that but as she was doing a breast exam, she found a spot on the other side! She did an ultra sound and couldn't find anything, but now we are watching both boobs. Geeze. Just cut them off and give me a new pair already! Have to wait another 6 months for a recheck, but at least they are watching it.
So, I guess that's your update for June. Wish I could say I will write more, but with business being as busy as it is, I honestly don't see it happening. I will try though!
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Pam! I hope you're doing well & had a great summer! I wanted to thank you. You had posted a while ago about Ron's sleep apnea & sleep study. Your post helped me to (finally - after years of trying) convince my husband to go get checked out. I am thrilled to say that he has a cpap machine & is sleeping SO well at night! He tells all of his family & friends about the difference and has been encouraging everyone he knows to get checked out if they suspect they have a problem. So thank you for that blog. And tell Ron thanks too! :) Hope to read a blog update soon!! :)
ReplyDeleteNicole