I do remember it starting out just fabulous though. We were on a cruise! We left out of Fort Lauderdale this time around and were with Brenna and Adam and with our best friends, Rex and Michele, who have never cruised before. We spent a lot of time in this area at the back of the ship just relaxing.

Any time we were on an island, I was mostly doing this:

Yes, that is me out there just floating along in St Thomas. I even brought my own raft this year. I don't know why I haven't done that before!
And of course we had to make a stop to see the planes land in St Maarten again:

Didn't take long once we were back home to undo all the good relaxing I had gotten in. Remember all those closings? Yeah, lots of work still involved to get them closed. Paychecks are nice though!
Those are all going to pay for this:

Didn't they turn out great? We also got the lace for her veil yesterday and it is so beautiful, Brenna started crying when she saw it. My mom will be making her veil, so that is going to be special too.
Easter kind of got forgotten about this year as we were helping Adam and Brenna move into their new house! They were so excited. Brenna hasn't seen her stuff since it's been in storage for so long, so it was fun just unpacking. But I will tell you what, I am just getting too old for this moving stuff. I lined all of her cabinets and her pantry and the crawling around on the floor got to me. I'm still tired! Brenna isn't actually moving in until after the wedding. At least that is what she says. We will see! I know she will be spending a lot of time over there.
Weather is warming up here and I am already dreading summer. What else is new? Supposed to be in the 90's later this week and we've already had to turn the a/c on a few days. At least it's still cool at night and we can open the house up then. Citrus trees are blooming and it smells amazing!
I guess that's it for now. I will try to post more often, but don't hold your breath! :0)

No comments:
Post a Comment