Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'll have the Non Kid Section Please


Do you remember how restuarants used to have a non smoking section? Well, I've decided they really should have a non kid section. Don't get me wrong, I like kids. I really do. I just like it better when they are taught manners and their parents actually pay attention to them.

I'm not talking about a baby that is hungry for a bottle or needs a diaper changed. That doesn't bother me. I'm talking about a kid that is allowed to run all over the restuarant while the parents sit at their table and ignore them. I'm talking about the kid who sits there and screams for no reason. I'm also talking about the kid who destroys a 5 foot circle around their seat and their parents don't even attempt to pick up the mess and leave it for the workers to clean up.

I guess it's not really the kids I have a problem with, it's the parents. You are the ones who have decided to have these kids. Now it's time to raise them and teach them to be responsible members of society and that can start at a restaurant. Don't make me listen to your kid scream while I am having my dinner. If they are having a melt down, which kids do, take them outside or into the bathroom. Don't make every other person in the restuarant deal with their melt down too. There is a time and place for kids and sometimes a nice restaurant isn't it, especially if they are already tired and cranky.

And I'm not talking about McDonald's here. I would expect it to be crazy in there because that is a kid place. All I am asking is for others to control their kids. And it's not just at restuarants. Plane trips are another good example. Don't let your little darlings kick the seat in front of them the entire flight. Somebody is actually sitting there!

I'm sorry to be such an old grouch, but I've just run into to many little ones that obviously have no limits and their parents don't care. I'm almost to the point where I am going to have to be vocal about it next time it happens. Why should I have to suffer in silence? Maybe if the parents hear what a little monster their kid is from somebody else they might actually do something? And what about restuarant management? Shouldn't they take a stand too? I can't be the only one being disturbed.

What do you think? Am I the only one that is bothered by this?

2 comments:

  1. No, you're not the only one who's bothered by it. I have young kids, and I'm bothered by it. We don't go out to eat a whole lot these days, but when we do, you can make dang sure the boys know how they're supposed to behave. I just can't stand it when parents let their kids run wild in ANY public place without doing anything about it. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie, I kind of figured you were the type to make your kids mind. I have been known to go up to families and tell them how impressed I am about how good their kids behaved. I am hoping that will encourage them to keep it up!

    ReplyDelete