Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sore, Tired and maybe a little Grumpy?

Yesterday was spent working in my Mother's garage. Again. This was the first time since late spring though and I have to say, we got so much accomplished. I have to really hand it to my Mom. She is finally coming around to the fact that she doesn't need all that stuff and it was time to purge. Not to say it wasn't hard on her, but she let go of so much. I am so proud of her!

Brenna and I worked over there from about 10:15 until almost 4pm. We made 3 trips to the various consignment shops and 1 trip to Goodwill. When I say trip, I mean truck full! I had Ron's truck the whole day and we loaded it up. We sent so many of her good clothes that are now about 3 sizes to big for her to the consignment store, I bet they are still trying to unpack it all. We took extra furniture to the other consignment store and had some ladies practically fighting over a chair before we even got it off the truck. She has some nice stuff and I think she will make some nice money off of it too.

But I was so tired last night! And then my body started aching and I could hardly move after sitting and watching a movie with Ron and Brenna. Ron gave me one of his Soma tabs, which is a muscle relaxer, and it helped but I am still pretty slow moving today. I didn't sleep all that great and got up about 2 hours earlier than I normally do. Tried to go back to bed after eating some breakfast and reading the paper, but that wasn't happening. I have a feeling it's going to be a long day.

And you know why I am grumpy? Because workman's comp PROMISED us an answer no later than yesterday and they broke it once again. It will be at least another week now. It's so frustrating. Brenna and I talked about it last night and we've decided to just let it go and quit calling. Doesn't do us any good except to get us upset. I think even if she gets approval now, we will wait until we get back from Chicago to have the surgery, which will probably be the week before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment