It's been another crazy week. Actually, the whole month has been like this. I guess that's why I have hardly blogged at all. Excuses, excuses. Trust me, I can come up with a million of them lately and while they are legit, they are just excuses.
Last Sunday was my last day off. Except it really wasn't a day off. It was my catch up day. Laundry, house work, cleaning out my flower beds, and I cleaned my area rug from a doggie spot. Actually that is a huge job as it required me to haul it out to the patio. I also put on a big pot of sauce so could make some lasagne. I let that simmer all day long, the house smelled amazing, and then I put the lasagne together after dinner that night. I did have to zip out around 4pm to show one house and that ended up taking longer than I had hoped for, but at least Ron had cooked dinner by the time I got home.
Monday morning I had a ton of paperwork to catch up on and then had appointments starting at noon. I tried to get done early as Aaron came down the hill for his last visit home before moving to Boise in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS. :0( He got here about 4pm and we all spent the rest of the day as a family. We went to Lowe's and Home Depot to price out the lawn equipment he will need to buy, got dinner at Famous Dave's and then went and saw Captain America. It was a fun night.
Tuesday Ron had to go into work for training and I had to show houses in the morning. Aaron was meeting a friend for lunch and then took his Mini into the dealer for an oil change and general check up. The closest Mini dealer to Boise is Portland and Salt Lake, so that's going to be a pain for him. That night we had a going away dinner for Aaron with my Mom and I have to say my lasagne was the best one yet. Tuesday was also the funeral for Ron's grandma, so he was kind of sad all day. Between Aaron leaving and the guilt trip Ron's mom put him on for not coming to the funeral, it was a hard day on Ron. Aaron left after dinner and I have to say we were all kind of sad. Tuesday was also our 28th wedding anniversary. We had said our trip to San Diego was our gift to each other, so it was kind of low key. We were more focused on Aaron.
Wednesday was crazy! I had to meet buyers at 8:30 in East Mesa, which is about a 30 minute drive for me and in morning traffic. I had a noon appointment with another buyer that I ended up writing an offer for and then had another appointment at 6:30 for a new buyer, Zolton. Zolton is a young, hot, single guy that is no hardship to drive around, let me tell you. And he is from Romania, so the accent is to die for! I didn't get home until almost 9pm that night. It was a long day and a lot of miles.
Thursday, it was back on the road showing houses at 10am. We had 12 houses she wanted to see and found 2 really good ones. Found out one of them had just accepted an offer, so we had Mom come look at the second one and get her opinion. My buyer for this house is actually in Afghanistan working Embassy security so the fiancee is doing the shopping and Mom is doing the paperwork. We were whipped after being in and out of the car all day and most houses didn't have the air conditioning on either. It was only 109 that day, so I looked like a limp noodle. Had to rush home and write ANOTHER offer and meet Zolton for signatures. Again, I didn't get home until almost 9pm that night. But the best news on Thursday? Aaron closed on his house! He is officially a home owner.
Friday was somewhat quiet, at least I got to stay home for the most part. I did have to meet the Mom as we wrote an offer on the house we found the day before, but other than that, it was mostly spent trying to catch up on my office work. Brenna and I did head over to the mall for dinner and had to snoop in Dillards for a bit because they were having a great sale. I got a really cute Jones New York dress for $30! We came home after that and just watched a bunch of shows we have on the DVR since we were getting behind.
Saturday was spent out in the heat once again showing houses to another new buyer! Don't get me wrong, I am loving all this business but I am going crazy! This is a mother/daughter combo and they are a hoot, so we are going to have fun together. I am still in the education process with them, but they are figuring it out quickly, so I won't be surprised if we are writing offers for them by the end of the week. The daughter is a night owl and I am getting emails from her at midnight, 1am, so that is interesting. Especially when I answer her back at that time of the night! Buyers love that I am willing to answer their questions at all hours.
Right now, I have 1 offer accepted, one in counter stage and one I will hopefully hear something on tomorrow. That one is bank owned and the bank wouldn't answer us for at least 5 days which will be Monday. I would love to go 3 for 3 this week, but don't have a good feeling on Zolton's deal. Those sellers are being very unreasonable and it might be time to move on.
Add on top of everything else, Big Brother has started for the season, so what little free time I get from that, I am trying to read the updates to see what kind of drama is going on in the house. I know, I'm totally a reality TV junkie. It's so bad, I usually do the updating from 10pm to midnight for the web site I read. So, I am kind of burning the candle at both ends and it's catching up to me.
So that gives you an idea on what has been going on with me. I'm here, all is good, but just been busy. A week from today Brenna and I will head up to Prescott to help Aaron pack his house as the movers pick him up on Wednesday the 9th. He will leave on the 12th. Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to next weekend. It's going to be a lot of work and very emotional.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment