Sunday, September 28, 2014

Summer 2014 is in the books!

I haven't posted since EASTER? What's up with that??? So much has happened!

First of May Aaron and Sarah got married! Oh my goodness, did we have fun! In some ways it was more fun than Brenna's wedding but only because the stress was off of me and on Sarah's family. I could really sit back and enjoy this week. We all flew up to Boise a few days early so we could enjoy the time to the fullest. We rented a house to stay in and it was a bit tight, but it worked. There was us, my Mom, Adam and Brenna and Rex and Michele all in a small 4 bedroom, but it worked. Adam learned not to leave his dirty clothes on the bathroom floor by finding them hanging on the flagpole outside too.

The girls did nails, the guys went shooting, we had lots of fun family meals, but one of the best times was our bachelor/bachelorette parties. Guys and girls all split up and did our own thing. We all went to movies but chick flicks don't really set well for the guys. It was so much fun though! Dinner for the gals started out with me seeing a text between Adam and Brenna no mother should have seen and went downhill from there when my mother shared a text pic she got from one of her gentlemen friends of his penis! We were laughing so hard I about wet my pets. Night ended up with us stalking the guys and wrapping Aarons truck in plastic wrap as a joke. We sat there for over an hour waiting for them to come out and find it. Again, laughed so hard I did wet my pants!

The wedding itself was so beautiful and just fit the happy couple to a tee! After they kissed everyone threw paper airplanes at them. It was really cute. The reception was fun, the cake was yummy and the dancing went late into the night. What more could we ask for? And the best part? I love my new daughter in law!

May and June I was so busy with work! Brenna got more than her share of clients from me and has closed quite a few deals now. July 4th weekend Ron and I headed up to Pinetop for a few days to get out of the heat, which was really nice. Brenna and I had our usual mother/daughter week in San Diego but we had to go a bit earlier this year than we like.

July 29th my Mom had her knee replaced and I spent the next 4 weeks taking care of her at her house 12 hours a day. My brother Todd handled the over night care as he was still living with her and of course my brother Scott didn't do anything unless he was forced to. He spent 2 days with her when both Todd and I had to work and then he was forced to take one day a week for hauling her to PT as she was going 3 times a week. I did find my new job if I ever wanted to change careers. I found out I am an excellent physical trainer as I made her do her all her drills they wanted her doing three times a day. Because of that, she is way ahead of the game in the recovery. It was still 6 weeks of hell though, but she is finally doing better.

Middle of August Ron went to Boise to spend a few days with Aaron and Sarah for his birthday. I was still taking care of my Mom, so I couldn't go, so I am very jealous. I am thinking of booking a trip up there the first of December for a few days since they can't come home for the holidays.

September has been a difficult month as our best friends, Rex and Michele, have had a bit of a marriage crisis. Happily, they seem to be working it out, but it's been hard for all of us. How do you not take sides when somebody screws up?

Finally the weather here seems to be breaking a bit. I am sure we will still have a few more days in the 100's but at least the nights are starting to cool off so we know it's almost over. You know how we tell it's fall in the Phoenix? Not by the beautiful colors or the crisp air but by the smell of manure! Yep, everyone is starting to put in their winter lawns, so that means fall!

And I have saved the BEST news for the last! Aaron and Sarah will be moving to Phoenix! He has been hired by the Phoenix tower to work in the tracon center. That's where they keep all the planes in line as they fly over our region. He won't be in the tower doing what most people think of as an air traffic controller, but this is something he enjoys even more. You know the center in Chicago area that just had the fire and screwed up flights? Same thing he will be doing. Right now his release date from Boise won't be until January, 2016, but we are all hoping that changes to sometime between May-October 2015. He can't leave until they replace him in Boise, so I guess it's understandable. I'm fine with it because I know they will be here eventually.

So excited to have my family together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment