Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bring on the New Year!

I've been thinking about writing a blog for a really long time now. I've enjoyed so much just reading various blogs that I stumble upon by chance and decided with the new year upon us, it was time to start my own! Who knows what exactly I will write about or even how often, but I hope I can keep it up fairly often.


So, who am I? Am I really a diva? I don't really think so, but I am sure others might call me that! I am a native to Phoenix and have lived here most of my life with the exception of 12 years after my husband and I first got married and he was in the Navy. I mostly grew up in the southeast part of Phoenix, in a subburb called Tempe. Ever heard of Arizona State University? Yeah, there.


Anyway, I married my best friend in 1983 and he moved me from here to Groton, Connecticut. Ron is fond of telling people that I cried all the way to Flagstaff after leaving my family. We did almost 3 years in Groton and had our first child, Aaron, in 1985. From there we got to live in paradise, San Diego! Brenna was born there in 1987. We then made the decision to get out of the Navy and Ron got a job at a nuclear power plant in South Texas, so we moved to Bay City in 1988. HATED living in a small town, but we did make some great friends. In 1995 the company he was working for offered a buy out and we left there so fast, they didn't see our backside! So, back to Phoenix (Chandler) we came to be near my family and Ron got a job first with Microchip and currently working for Intel for almost 14 years now.


After being a SAHM for so many years, I was ready to go back to work after moving back. My dad convinced me to join him in real estate and I never realized I would do as well as I have selling houses. Of course the past few years in real estate have just stunk with the economy, but I am hopeful that 2010 will start to turn things around. At least that is what I keep telling myself!


So, that's a little background on me. Maybe my next post will tell you more about my family, since they mean everything in the world to me. And maybe not. Who knows?

1 comment: